Simkar is an internationally known designer, developer, and manufacturer of lighting products headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Since 1952, we have provided a diverse selection of high-quality LED lighting fixtures, along with other technologies to contractors, specifiers, and other strategic partners.
In May 2018, Neo Lights Holding Inc., a renewable energy technology company developing and manufacturing LED technologies, smart sensors and networking systems, with innovative approaches to off-grid and on grid emergency management networked solutions acquired Simkar. The combination of Neo Lights Holdings’ innovative LED smart technology with off-grid solutions, and Simkar’s world-class large-scale lighting manufacturing capability, will allow the rapid deployment of new and innovative LED networked design products, as well as traditional lighting products to meet the various needs in the market place.
We’re proud to design and manufacture American made quality lighting fixtures at our 275,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Philadelphia, PA. With warehouse facilities located throughout the United States, Simkar is strategically positioned to quickly and efficiently meet the production and distribution needs of our customers. Our products are available through electrical distributors located across the country.
As needs continue to change in the lighting industry with new energy-efficient technologies, so will Simkar. One of the many positive results of the recent acquisition requires additions to our Engineering team in all disciplines.
Simkar is currently seeking an experienced, self-motivated Engineering Documentation Coordinator for a full-time employment opportunity. Successful candidates will have 3 to 5 years configuration management/document control experience in a manufacturing environment. Engineering documentation coordinator plays a vital role in keeping the organization’s products, systems and documentation synchronized with customer, regulatory agencies requirements and specifications. Maintains a high-level of comprehension and utilization of documentation and MRP systems. This position must have great flexibility with the ability to support multiple efforts and track progress against timelines. The position must have leadership and time management skills and the ability to deliver projects on time
The functions of this position will vary but key functions will include:
- Responsible for initiation and/or execution of Engineering Change Orders. Change orders will include customer deviations and costing.
- Support new product introduction, process improvements, quality initiatives, and continuous improvement activities.
- Drives and/or performs data entry in business systems to support engineering change and revision activity.
- Provides guidance and advice on methods, procedures, standardization and requirements.
- Understands customer and in-house documentation/specifications.
- Define Bill of Material inputs based on product specifications or other approved documentation.
- Ensures accuracy by reviewing product release documents for completeness, proper authorization and system updates. Compares new customer documentation with previous revision(s) for changes/discrepancies. Facilitates change with process owners.
- Determine appropriate collaborators based upon change order content.
- Initiates and maintain all required UL certifications and DLC (design lighting consortium) listings and requirements.
Candidate should have an Associate’s Degree (Quality, Engineering or a science-related field) or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience. 3 to 5 years configuration management/document control experience. Meticulous attention to detail and ability to stay extremely organized in a fast-moving environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills: ability to apply skills both internally and externally. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) Self-motivated, proven ability to work independently. Preferred: Prior manufacturing work experience, ideally in the industrial and commercial lighting manufacturing. PowerPoint, Project, MRP (as400) and Documentation control systems. Comfortable with ambiguity and change.