Simkar is an internationally known designer, developer, and manufacturer of lighting products headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Since 1952, we have provided a diverse selection of high-quality LED lighting fixtures, along with other technologies to contractors, specifiers, and other strategic partners.
In May 2018, Neo Lights Holding Inc., a renewable energy technology company developing and manufacturing LED technologies, smart sensors and networking systems, with innovative approaches to off-grid and on grid emergency management networked solutions acquired Simkar. The combination of Neo Lights Holdings’ innovative LED smart technology with off-grid solutions, and Simkar’s world-class large-scale lighting manufacturing capability, will allow the rapid deployment of new and innovative LED networked design products, as well as traditional lighting products to meet the various needs in the market place.
We’re proud to design and manufacture American made quality lighting fixtures at our 275,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Philadelphia, PA. With warehouse facilities located throughout the United States, Simkar is strategically positioned to quickly and efficiently meet the production and distribution needs of our customers. Our products are available through electrical distributors located across the country.
As needs continue to change in the lighting industry with new energy-efficient technologies, so will Simkar. One of the many positive results of the recent acquisition requires additions to our Engineering team in all disciplines.
Simkar is currently seeking an experienced, self-motivated Mechanical Engineer for a full-time employment opportunity. Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, preferably 5 plus years of experience with Lighting design. This position will perform basic engineering duties such as new product design, current product engineering, document control, solid modeling in 3D CAD, 2D drawings, and Engineering bill of material creation. Candidate will work on a broad range of projects from commercial and municipal to industrial. Some knowledge of Design Master and REVIT is a plus. Successful candidates should have a strong understanding of the Lighting Industry. Successful candidates will be production oriented and adaptable. Must be capable of working with architects, contractors and other members of the design team.
The functions of this position will vary but basic functions will include:
- Create new parts, assemblies and drawings using 3D CAD, Solid Works, for LED lighting fixtures
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes including progressive sheet metal forming, Die Casting, and injection molding
- Organize and maintain the IES database for all Photometric data
- Develop, prepare and review fixture installation instruction sheets and drawings
- Update designs of manufactured components to insure conformance to actual manufacturing methods
- Organize all vendor electronic data of components, parts, and sub-assemblies
- Aid in construction and testing of new product prototypes
- Basic understanding of UL1598 and DLC
- Flexible, able to work within a team environment; managing multiple projects and tasks at the same time
- Professional in appearance and attitude and able to work with customers, vendors and colleagues on all levels
Candidate should have a degree in Mechanical engineering, 5 plus years of experience. Have a good understanding of engineering concepts pursuant to product designer. Candidate will have a strong working knowledge of CNC programing, i.e. turret presses & laser cutters. Candidate should also have 3D CAD skills, preferably with Solid Works. Knowledge of UL/ELT and DLC (Design Lighting Consortium) requirements and qualifications processes a plus. Occasional travel required with overnight stay.